Saturday, 30 April 2011

Well that was underwhelming...

Dropped by the hardware store today, and realized that things cost lots and lots of money.  like...15 dollars for the angle iron I would need to make the grappling hook, and nothing made of spring steel for the crossbow prods.  the new plan is to drop by an auto parts yard and pick up a set of parabolic leaf springs off of a car.  the longest spring is perfect for a crossbow, and a shorter one can be used for the grappling hook, with no risk of it bending under  my weight.  I'll probably try to make knives out of the shortest ones.

For now I've got another tetanus inducing piece of metal I can use to test crossbow design.

8 comments:

  1. Any plans of loading the grappling hook into the crossbow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to make an oversized mock-bazooka for a convention in a couple months. I don't think I'll be able to afford such trivial things =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should look out for some venture capitalists to fund your crossbow plan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 15 dollars for that? crazy stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. if you actually go through with this man, much respect haha! ive never seen or heard of real life grappling hooks before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you can do it man! dont give up on the project, even if it takes a long time

    ReplyDelete